Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Work in progress update (steampunk tiara).

I've been feeling quite ill the last about 48 hours but the storm seemed to break around 5 probably because I had just been handed a large tub of watches. Once home I started to pry them open and found some very nice bits to work with. Tonight is also the last night that I can work on this project until next week and even then, I need to set aside some time for some custom orders.

I had finished the wire-wrapping around the front side and got it framed rather nicely, with the wire bits to help me measure where the mid-point is:
tiarabase

I started building out the "fireworks" as well, the larger ones because I need to get those in place on the base before I can put in all the tubes and rest of the support layer. So the three largest are in place now:
tiarabase3

One of the watch parts really stood out and I've got it roughly in place for sizing:
tiarabase2

Tune in next week when we get the smaller fireworks in place and the support structure to feed the machine!

2 comments:

Elephunk said...

You are totally going to win this one too! I am blown away by this tiara.

Seedlings: Jewelry Because said...

Showing my work has really made me think about next steps and how it will come together, so keeping my fingers crossed!