Sunday, July 19, 2009

Custom seed packs for custom orders!

You may recall I made a prototype of a seed pack to add to my marketing and packaging materials but I wanted to find paper embedded with seeds to work with. I was able to find computer safe paper from Of the Earth to work with that is fantastic:

"This handmade lotka paper is made in the highlands of Nepal by rural craftspeople in an environmentally friendly process with 50% recycled content. The raw material for our paper is the Daphne bush."

It is also embedded with a combination of tiny wildflower seeds with 15 annual species that tolerate partial shade. I'm going to test this theory by planting some around my house!

For now, I designed a very gardeny seed pack and will be using them to package custom orders. What do you think?

seedpacks1

Here's another view to show the text on the back:
seedpacks2

1 comment:

Alicia Edwards said...

LOVE these! What a great, cohesive concept.