Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Freebies, testaroos and lots of bead dangles.

Tonight I packed up two regular orders to ship out. One was for an Etsy shop seller that I first met through Twitter and bought some of her fantastic thank you notes...so if you order from me, you'll be getting a thank you note from LazyLightningArt's shop!

The second was for another Etsy shop seller who is also part of the North Georgia Etsy street team (Team NorGa) who found the Deep Ocean earrings and pendant in the new sale section of the shop. HendricksHearth has a variety of handcrafted and also donates 10% of her sales to Heifer International!

I like to include something fun with orders that go out so whipped up a test pair of classic "Grapes" but with a twist, putting them on blue niobium earwires.

bluegrapesniobium5

Hubby said it made them look more like flowers that way but I think once you had them on that earwire as the stem illusion would disappear. I just really like how simple the earwires are, how comfortable they feel and how architectural they look.

I spent the rest of the evening working on my entry for the Team NorGa May theme which is space. I'm doing a bracelet that is 100% handmade except for the beads that are involved. The base of the bracelet is hammered sterling silver and I even made the jump rings! I had to stop for the night though because the 100 or so dangles and charms that are going on it started to wear me out. I will finish it up tomorrow night and get some photos posted.

No comments: