Monday, May 25, 2009

Chainmaille and watermelon...excellent combo!

Although I won't likely put it up in the shop, a new chainmaille necklace I've been working on the last couple of days was a definite learning experience. It is made up of anodized aluminum rings (7mm) in black and a 4-color blue/green blend. The weave is European 4-1 that is folded over on itself to make the tube. If I do it again, I want the contrasting color to be silver I think.

seablendnecklace2

The new addition to the shop from the last three days though I really love. I saw these coral beads and had to have them. They are squares but top-drilled so have a really unique look. Stuck them on some lightly hammered argentium square earwires (handmade) and dubbed them Melon Bits. Going to wear them today to the in-laws and get some feedback!

melonbits4

A quick note to all the folks expecting a sale...it is coming this week. I just didn't want to do it on Memorial Day because that's not what the memorial is supposed to be about. Please take the opportunity to honor our country's fallen military.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hi!!!
all your work is beautiful...