Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pearlsplosion: where copper meets a gajillion freshwater pearls.


I've been creating...just not getting very much listed but I'm trying to reverse that during the summer especially for many of my unique pieces. This bracelet, Pearlsplosion, I'm particularly happy with not only because it swam around in my head for a looooong time before I put it together but because it starts out with minutiae and builds into one grand piece of wrist candy.

I used 8 different colors of pearls in clumps of 2 and 3 in sections over hammered, oxidized copper washers. Each pearl was wrap-looped (doubled up for strength) on handmade copper headpins. Clumps of pearls were then attached by a copper jump ring to a crossed set of bright aluminum jump rings. Those jump rings connect the larger copper washers which are all different sizes, slightly!

Just love how every piece is a bit different but it all comes together in the end, don't you think? I went through quite a few of my pearls so need to keep my eyes open for some more lovely colors -- these are all greens, blues, a touch of purple and cream/white.

View more photos on the Etsy listing and thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Larissa said...

Gorgeous!

Seedlings: Jewelry Because said...

Thanks Larissa!

A Beaded Affair said...

Simply elegant. Love copper and pearls.
Lois

Sharon Paradiso said...

Hi Lois! Just found your blog -- looks like we both love copper :D